- New Releases
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
Twisted Nerve: Black Super Deluxe Edition
Delivery from US$13.38
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 06 May 2016
- Sorry Sold Out
- Vinyl Box Set
1. Transparent “Blood-spattered” Coloured Vinyl
2. Expanded Album on ‘Vinyl’ Replica CD in Black Gatefold Sleeve
3. High-Definition 24-bit WAV + 320kbps MP3 download of the LP, CD and Complete Unedited Recording Sessions
4. Black 30” x 40” British Quad Film Poster
5. Sleeve notes by director Quentin Tarantino and Herrmann biographer, Steven C. Smith
6. Assembled, Mastered & Cut by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios, London
7. Black Certificate Signed by Mrs Norma Herrmann
8. Exclusive ‘Film Replica’ 3-Track 7” Single
“Twisted Nerve’s most stand out feature was Bernard Herrmann’s magnificently creepy-catchy whistling score” - Quentin Tarantino” - October 2014
A 1968 British psychological horror film from the Boulting Brothers, ‘Twisted Nerve’ starred Hywel Bennett, Hayley Mills and Billie Whitelaw. The film itself has little to offer, however its soundtrack remains one of Herrmann's finest and, alongside the film, would have probably languished in obscurity but for the intervention of Quentin Tarantino who revived its main whistle theme for his 2002 film ‘Kill Bill: Vol. 1’, bringing Herrmann's music to a whole new audience.
At long last, the soundtrack to Elle Driver’s infamous hospital scene in ‘Kill Bill: Vol. 1’ and the inspiration for countless ringtones and samples the world over comes to record stores in 2015 - when ‘Twisted Nerve’ is released in a Super-Deluxe soundtrack package by Stylotone working closely with the composer’s family, The Bernard Herrmann Estate and with a little help from director Quentin Tarantino.
The complete Original Motion Picture Soundtrack composed and conducted by Bernard Herrmann for the Boulting Brothers’ Production of ‘Twisted Nerve’ has been Assembled, Mastered and Cut at London’s world famous Abbey Road Studios to produce a stunning Master that is “enough to make even Hitchcock jump!”.
The audio for this release has been overseen from start to finish by Grammy®-winning engineer Sean Magee, a member of the team that remastered The Beatles Catalogue in 2007 – he was also personally responsible for cutting their recent mono and stereo vinyl editions. Over 75 minutes of music – across three formats (Vinyl, CD & Download - Hi-Resolution & MP3) in two Super-Deluxe packages!
The super-deluxe package has been produced to the absolute highest possible standard as if it had been released at the same time as the film, having sourced manufacturers who are able to produce all the parts on exactly the same machines as used in the 1960s. The ‘Twisted Nerve’ Super-Deluxe soundtrack package will be available in two “blood-spattered” coloured vinyl editions - one yellow and one transparent - featuring spot laminated 320gsm tip-on gatefold sleeves. Each edition includes:
● A heavyweight 180g 12” vinyl LP, cut at 45RPM
● An expanded ‘Vinyl’ replica CD, housed in a scale-copy of the gatefold sleeve - containing the LP programme plus unused alternate and rehearsal takes and the original ‘Whistle’ sessions.
● An exclusive free 45rpm three-track radio promo 7” single featuring pop and jazz versions of the film’s main theme – arranged and conducted, at the composer’s request, in 1968 by composer Howard Blake OBE (‘The Duellists’).
● A download card offering exclusive access to high-resolution 24-bit WAV and 320kbps CBR MP3 digital downloads of the entire deluxe soundtrack package and more. Alongside both the vinyl and CD album presentations, purchasers can download the complete unedited recording sessions, experiencing at first-hand what it was like to be in the same studio as Bernard Herrmann!
● A 30” x 40” (762mm x 1016mm) British Quad Film Poster, newly commissioned to complement the soundtrack album artwork. The poster has been specially printed using original 1960s production processes - matching not only the poster weight of the time but also the correct machine folds (since film posters would be machine folded and inserted into large brown envelopes before arriving in the post at cinemas – this was before digital media, kids!).
● A certificate of authenticity personally signed by Mrs Norma Herrmann, the composer’s widow. To round off the Super-Deluxe packages director Quentin Tarantino and Bernard Herrmann’s biographer, Steven C. Smith, both offer a unique and compelling insight into this legendary soundtrack with their own sleeve notes.
1. Main Titles
2. The Detective
3. Henry Complains
4. Twisted Nerve (Jazz Version)
5. Second Meeting
6. Martin’s Anger
7. The Mirror
8. The Letter
11. Playing Cards
12. Psychopathia Sexualis /Hot Chocolate
13. The Rocking Horse
14. The Scissors / Peeping Georgie / Leaving The House
15. The Murder / Henry’s Dead
16. Georgie’s Nightmare / Just Lie Still / Ready And Willing
17. The Body
18. Twisted Nerve (Pop Version)
1. Swimming /Drowning
2. Getting Dressed / Flowers I / The Kiss
3. Flowers II / Henry Calls
4. The Signature
5. The Newspaper
6. The Shed /The Portrait
7. The Dresser / The Axe
8. The Telephone / There Was No Reply / The House / The Front Door
9. The Bedroom / No Bloody Wood / He’s Not A Mongrel / The Struggle
10. The Assault
11. Georgie’s Madness
12. The Cell
Additional CD tracks – in track sequence
32. Prelude to Main Titles (Re-Takes)
33. Prelude to Main Titles (Alternate)
34. Main Titles (Alternate Ending)
35. Twisted Nerve (Alternate)
36. Second Meeting (Rehearsal)
37. Martin’s Anger (Film Version)
38. Whistle Sessions
More from Bernard Herrmann
- Bernard Herrmann
- North by Northwest
- Double Vinyl LP
- Sorry Sold Out
- Bernard Herrmann
- Vertigo: 60th Anniversary Edition Heavyweight Black Vinyl
- Vinyl LP
- Sorry Sold Out
The home of signed and exclusive releases. We Ship Worldwide.