- Hottest Pre-Orders
- New Releases
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
- Books, Art + Merch
Delivery from US$6.10
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 16 June 2017
- In Stock
- CD Album
- Alpha Dog 2T / UMe
- THE MISSION is a thrilling return to STYX's progressive roots, complete with a courageous & visionary concept inspired by a friendship with NASA scientists on the New Horizons Mission. A captivating adventure unfolds across 14 tracks, 249 million miles from home! With a sound as big as a galaxy & two years in the making, it embodies a throw-back progressive-rock feel.
- This is the band’s first brand new studio album in 14 years.
- THE MISSION is STYX’s bold sonic voyage into an exciting new frontier with the goal of discovering how the universe’s mysteries unfold—and then creating the perfect soundtrack to accompany it.
- Recorded at Blackbird Studios in Nashville, The Mission comes complete with an all analog recording & mixed with a larger than life sound.
- The new music was created to reflect the viewpoint of the six-person crew enlisted for the maiden voyage of Khedive, the first entry in a new fleet of nuclear-powered interplanetary spacecraft underwritten by the Global Space Exploration Program (or GSEP, for short). The Khedive team consists of The Pilot, a fully hands-on, seat-of-the-pants born leader; a First Officer who serves as the team’s big-brother figure; an Engineer who is skeptical of every phase of the mission but remains confident in his own abilities to make the best of any technical situation; and a Top-Shelf Trio of science, astrophysics, and survivalist experts.
- “The planets truly aligned for THE MISSION, and I couldn’t be prouder,” says vocalist/guitarist Tommy Shaw, who co-wrote the album’s storyline with longtime collaborator Will Evankovich (Shaw/Blades, The Guess Who). “It’s our boldest, most emblematic album since PIECES OF EIGHT.”
|2||Gone Gone Gone|
|3||Hundred Million Miles from Home|
|4||Trouble at the Big Show|
|7||The Greater Good|
|8||Time May Bend|
|9||Ten Thousand Ways to Be Wrong|
|11||All Systems Stable|
|14||Mission to Mars|