- Recordstore Exclusives
- New Releases
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
Delivery from US$8.95
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 18 August 2017
- Buy Now: Dispatched in 7-10 days
- Vinyl LP
- Music On Vinyl
• 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl
• Ranked First In All-Time Top Ten List Of Shred Albums By Guitar World Magazine
Rising Force is the first studio album by guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen, released on 5 March 1984 through Polydor Records. The album reached No. 14 on the Swedish albums chart, No. 60 on the US Billboard 200, and received a nomination for Best Rock Instrumental Performance at the 1986 Grammy Awards. It is regarded as a seminal release in the shred and neoclassical metal genres.
Steve Huey at AllMusic gave Rising Force four stars out of five, calling it ‘a revelation upon its release’ and ‘The true inauguration of the age of the guitar shredder’. He praised Malmsteen’s technique and ‘blinding virtuosity’, as well as highlighting ‘his obsessions with Bach, Beethoven, and Paganini’. In a 2009 article by Guitar World magazine, Rising Force was ranked first in the all-time top ten list of shred albums. The staff wrote: ‘Yngwie J. Malmsteen was, is, and always will be the greatest shredder of all time. Hell, he invented the genre with his debut.’
“Black Star” and “Far Beyond the Sun” have endured as two of Malmsteen’s most popular songs, as well as being staples of his live setlist. In a 2008 Guitar World interview, Malmsteen said of the two songs: ‘I’ll probably play “Far Beyond the Sun” and “Black Star” until the day I die.’
|2||Far Beyond The Sun|
|3||Now Your Ships Are Burned|
|1||Icarus’ Dream Suite Opus 4|
|2||As Above, So Below|
The home of signed and exclusive releases. We Ship Worldwide.