- Recordstore Exclusives
- New Releases
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
Delivery from US$11.66
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 17 May 2019
- Buy Now: Dispatched in 7-10 days
- Double Vinyl LP
- Manana Records
Quasi' is Ariwo’s second album, after the release of their first self-titled album in 2017..
Despite Ariwo’s diverse mix of musicians (Cuba/Iran/Canada/UK) their music doesn’t belong to any specific genre. In ‘'Quasi’, Ariwo use the building blocks of deep bass, afro-Cuban polyrhythms, carnival melody and immersive live electronics as a starting point to engage with key players on London’s jazz scene. The result is a hypnotic journey for the listener from techno to avant-garde jazz via West Africa and the Caribbean.
'Quasi' aims to mirror the evolved direction of Ariwo’s live set, which after extensive touring over the past three years has gradually become more stripped back and club-oriented. Many of the building blocks for this album started life as improvisations in live sets and have been developed into full tracks on 'Quasi'.
The album features guest appearances from MOBO winning saxophonist Binker Golding (Binker & Moses) and acclaimed UK keys player Joe Armon-Jones (keys). Cuban trumpet players Thommy Lowry Garcia and Yelfris Valdes also feature on the album, bringing carnival melodies that interweave through the percussion and electronics.
- Ariwo have used songs from 'Quasi' to create the music for 'Portals' - a tour of Carlos Acosta’s new contemporary dance company 'Acosta Danza' in Havana.
- - Album features guest performances by MOBO winning saxophonist Binker Golding and acclaimed UK keys player Joe Armon-Jones.
- - Ariwo have used tracks from this album to create a composition for the signature dance piece ‘Portals’ by Carlos Acosta’s Havana based contemporary dance company ‘Acosta Danza’. The show has premiered in Havana already and will be on World tour this summer.
- - Ariwo brings together World class musicians from Cuba, Iran, Canada and the UK (see artist bios) to build a new live electronic sound that reflects their shared home in London.
The home of signed and exclusive releases. We Ship Worldwide.