- Summer Colour Vinyl
- Hottest Pre-Orders
- Recommended New Releases
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
- CD Albums
- Books, Art + Merch
Delivery from US $7.91
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 17 February 2014
- Buy Now: Dispatched in 7-10 days
- Vinyl LP
With The Outsiders still spoken of in hushed tones in even the deepest circles, we’re thrilled to help shine some light on what might be one of the most underrated bands ever. Originally released in Holland in October 1968, “CQ” (pronounced “Seek You”) was the third and final album by Dutch garage punks The Outsiders. These rowdy teenagers from Amsterdam were part of the thriving “Nederbeat” scene with the band taking their cues from British and Stateside garage acts of the day (including singing entirely in English). “CQ” spans R&B, spacey experimental numbers, folk rock and a revved-up kind of punk that pre-dates the angular moodiness of what would become the no wave/post punk sound a decade later. This unpredictable stylistic approach, when coupled with across-the-board amazing songs, make this one of the masterpieces of late 60’s psychedelic garage rock, and a cornerstone album of the genre.
Pressed in a vinyl-only limited edition, this deluxe reissue is replicated precisely with gorgeous silver foil cover art. Extensive liner notes include a 2009 interview with lead guitarist Ronnie Splinter about the recording of the album and an exclusive introduction by Mike Stax, editor of Ugly Things magazine.
4. Daddy Died on Saturday
5. It Seems Like Nothing's Gonna Come My Way Today
7. Man on the Dune
10. You're Everything on Earth
11. Wish You Were Here With Me Today
12. I Love You, No. 2
13. Prison Song