- Hottest Pre-Orders
- New Releases
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
- Books, Art + Merch
- 2021s to watch
- 2021 Reissues + Soundtracks
American Love Call
Durand Jones & The Indications
Delivery from US$6.10
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 01 March 2019
- Buy Now: Dispatched in 7-10 days
- CD Album
- Dead Oceans
Durand Jones & the Indications aren’t looking backwards. Helmed by foil vocalists in Durand Jones and drummer Aaron Frazer, the Indications conjure the dynamism of Jackie Wilson, Curtis Mayfield, AND the Impressions.
Even with an aesthetic steeped in the golden, strings-infused dreaminess of early ‘70s soul, the Indications’ sophomore LP, American Love Call, is planted firmly in the present, with the urgency of this moment in time.
The Indications’ 2016 self-titled debut was the product of friends who met as students at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, recorded for $452.11, including a case of beer.
'American Love Call', the band’s sophomore LP is instead the record the Indications dreamed of making, fleshed out with strings, backing vocals, and a newfound confidence in songwriting.
Blending a slew of influences from years spent crate-digging, guitarist Blake Rhein says the Indications approach songs in the same way hip-hop producers do, as likely to pull inspiration from ‘70s folk-rock or classic R&B as they are Nas’ 'Illmatic'.
“Did I expect to do this shit once I got out of college? Hell no,” Jones relays, laughing. “Totally not. But this is what God is telling me to do – move and groove. So I’m gonna stay in my lane.”Tracklisting
- Morning in America
- Don’t You Know (feat. Aaron Frazer)
- Court of Love (feat. Aaron Frazer)
- Long Way Home
- Too Many Tears (feat. Aaron Frazer)
- Walk Away
- What I Know About You (feat. Aaron Frazer)
- Listen to Your Heart
- Sea Gets Hotter (feat. Aaron Frazer)
- How Can I Be Sure (feat. Aaron Frazer)
- True Love