- Hottest Pre-Orders
- New Releases
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
- Books, Art + Merch
- 2021s to watch
- 2021 Reissues + Soundtracks
Children Of Alice: Mirrorboard Sleeve
Children Of Alice
Delivery from US$10.63
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 24 February 2017
- In Stock
- Vinyl LP
- Warp Records
LP in mirrorboard sleeve with fold out poster.
The first full length post-Broadcast release from founding members James Cargill and Roj Stevens, working alongside Ghostbox Records co-founder and graphic designer Julian House.
Children Of Alice have been quietly producing amorphous and intoxicating soundscapes as part of the Folklore Tapes collective for a number of years now, beginning in 2013 with ‘Harbinger Of Spring’ on the shared ‘Ornithology’ release.
This poetic conjuration of rebirth and new growth was the first unfurling of post-Broadcast creation from James Cargill, one half of the personal and artistic relationship at the heart of that epochal and increasingly feted band.
The name Children Of Alice was chosen as an act of tribute to the late Trish Keenan, for whom ‘Alice In Wonderland’ and in particular Jonathan Miller’s summerhazy 60s idyll of an adaptation, was a presiding inspiration. The name invokes her abiding spirit and also creates a sense of continuity with the evolving Broadcast soundworld, which became more concentrated and individual as it refined itself and adapted to new configurations.
1. The Harbinger Of Spring
2. Rite Of The Maypole - An Unruly Procession
3. Invocation Of A Midsummer Reverie
4. The Liminal Space