- New Releases
- Signed & Exclusive
- Essential Picks
- Best of '22 (So Far)
- Mercury Prize '22
Delivery from US$10.63
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 10 February 2017
- Buy Now: Dispatched in 7-10 days
- Vinyl LP
- Control Freak
Largely written following the traumatic arrival, three months early, of her first baby, its extraordinary eleven songs track her experience with uncommon honesty and unshrink-ing courage. Like a collection of short stories, it chronicles the events surrounding her pregnancy and the agony of nearly losing her daughter, but it’s much more than an album about childbirth. Mother Tongue is about instinct, about belonging, and about finding one’s own emotional language. “I never know what my records are about until they´re almost done,” Rebekka Karijord admits of Mother Tongue’s provenance in a typical, if wry, display of candour. “It´s like a subconscious collecting process, shooting arrows into the dark and then getting out there to see where they have landed. This time, however, it was a bit different…” The album was recorded in Hawaii, Stockholm & Oslo during 2015 and 2016, and produced, ar-ranged and edited by Karijord with help from Elias Krantz as technician, co-producer and mixer. Other contributors include Mariam Wallentin (Wildbirds & Peacedrums), Linnea Olsson and Nina Kinert (vocals) Jacob Snavely (bass and electronics), Christopher Cantillo (drums), Joe Williamson (upright bass) and regular contributor Anders Scherp (drums & tuned percussion).
3.I will follow you into the wild
6.Six careful hands
More from Rebekka Karijord
- Rebekka Karijord, Jon Ekstrand
- I Am Greta - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Limited Edition Green Swirl Vinyl
- Vinyl LP
- In Stock
The home of signed and exclusive releases. We Ship Worldwide.