- New Releases
- Signed & Exclusive
- Essential Picks
- Best of '22 (So Far)
- Mercury Prize '22
Anatolain Sun Part 2: Vinyl LP
Delivery from US$10.63
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 12 August 2022
- Buy Now: Dispatched in 7-10 days
- Vinyl LP
- Night Dreamer
Legendary Turkish psych innovators Moğollar grace the Artone Studios in Haarlem for a masterclass in the original Anadolu psych roots, cutting a compendium of their rawest hits and most-wanted psychedelic rock classics – including the J.Dilla-sampled ‘Haliç’te Güneşin Batışı’ – for the latest edition of Night Dreamer’s essential Direct-to-Disc series.
- Stunning career overview session by Turkish psych originators Moğollar, their first new recordings for over a decade.
- Founded in 1967, Moğollar (‘The Mongols’) were the first Turkish group to fuse ancient Turkish folk traditions with Western pop, inventing the now famous Anadolu psych sound.
- The session was produced by BaBa ZuLa’s Osman Murat Ertel – a stellar link-up that brings Moğollar’s original psychedelic rock full circle with the contemporary Anadolu psych it inspired.
Highlights of the set include:
- ‘Haliç’te Güneşin Batışı’, an Anadolu psych classic which was first issued as the bside to the ‘Ternek’ single in 1970, before being recorded again for the Danses Et Rythmes de la Turquie d’Hier à Aujourd’hui LP in 1971. A tense slab of roughneck psychedelia, the final breakdown of the original recording was sampled by none other than J. Dilla for the ‘Intro’ cut on Welcome To Detroit.
- ‘Gel Gel’, a 1974 song with head-nodding tempo change, originally featuring Cem Karaca. It is here voiced by his son Emrah Karaca, now a permanent member of Moğollar.
- ‘Çığrık’, a 1972 cut which originally appeared on one of Moğollar’s most coveted singles, is a funky psych-rock workout with an unforgettably riff, a ringing guitar motif, and twist of Led Zeppelin.
- ‘Düm Tek’, the title track of the bands second full LP (Düm Tek, 1975), a raw psych screamer, laced with hardcore davul drum patterns.
- ‘Bi’Sey Yapmali’, first recorded for the 1996 Dört Renk album, became the anthem of huge street protests that took place in Turkey that year after an investigation uncovered a huge network of state, police and mafia corruption.
- ‘Dinleyiverin Gari’, a hit from the 1994 come-back album Moğollar 94, addresses a notorious corruption scandal of the era.
|1||Keşişleme D2D Session|
|2||Bi’ Şey Yapmalı D2D Session|
|3||Buzlar Çözülmeden D2D Session|
|4||Toprak Ana D2D Session|
|5||Iklığ D2D Session|
|6||Berkay Oyun Havası D2D Session|
|7||Ölüler Altın Takar Mı D2D Session|
|8||Alageyik Destanı D2D Session|
The home of signed and exclusive releases. We Ship Worldwide.