- Summer Sale
- Hottest Pre-Orders
- Recommended New Releases
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
- CD Albums
- Books, Art + Merch
Alice Phoebe Lou
Delivery from US $2.78
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 08 March 2019
- Buy Now: Dispatched in 7-10 days
- CD Album
Alice Phoebe Lou’s fiercely independent approach to her music has given the singer songwriter a creative confidence that shines through in her captivating vocals and stripped back music. Born in South Africa and having developed her ethereal indie-folk sound busking the streets of Berlin, Alice has caught the ears of a community of music lovers the world over with her honest storytelling and raw, beautiful voice. Alice performed 6 shows at SXSW this year including a radio performance and a KGSR Live SXSW Morning Broadcast. The day after SXSW ended her and her 3 band members flew from Austin to San Francisco to start recording Alice’s second full length album. The 10 tracks that comprise “Paper Castles” were recorded at Panoramic House in Marin County CA, a residential studio with a fairy tale layout embedin the side of hills facing the Pacific Ocean. Producer Noah Georgeson directed the recording sessions for over two weeks, helping Alice’s find the constellation of each song that felt right for her. Him and Samur (engineer) had immediately synergy with the band which made the days creating the album flow with ease. They helped each musician track their best performances. The final part of recording the album saw Alice and Noah honing down her vocals at Seahorse Studio in LA. Noah Georgeson also mixed the album.
- "A golden girl with a huge voice and somnambulistic self-confidence... She retains the WOW effect.” - Rolling Stone
- "Alice Phoebe Lou sings like sleepless rainfall... I didn’t want to take my eyes off of her.” - Pigeons and Planes