• With Over 50 Million Albums and 20 Million Singles Sold, Cyndi Lauper Is One of the Most Popular Singers, Male or Female, to Emerge in
the Last 40 Years
• Her Creative Efforts Extend Beyond Pop Music to Broadway (Kinky Boots), Acting, LGBTQ Activism, and Beyond
• But One of Her Least Publicized Roles—That of Motherhood—Inspired Her 1998 Holiday Album, Merry Christmas…Have a Nice Life!
• Recorded Largely at Home While Her Infant
• A Mixture of Traditional and New Yuletide Songs,
the Record Displays Lauper’s Trademark Bubbly
Personality but Also Radiates the Warm Christmas
Spirit That Informs the Best and Most Beloved
• Among the Highlights Are the Sassy Songs Like
“Christmas Conga” and the Bawdy “Minnie and
• The Traditional Tunes “Three Ships” and “Silent
Night” Offer a Reverent, Gather-‘Round-the-
• Newly-Created Gatefold Album Jacket Featuring
Leave it to Cyndi Lauper to record a
Christmas album that’s upbeat without
being sappy! Honestly, the stories that
surround the making of this 1998 record
are enough to put you in the Christmas
spirit. Like the fact that she recorded it
at her home while her infant son Declyn
slept (he can be heard giggling and
burbling on “New Year’s Baby [First
Lullaby]”). And that she taped her vocals
inside her cedar closet because she liked
the reverb sound. In short: no spoiled superstar or commercial cash-in here!
Just a fresh, homespun take on a time-honored tradition, brought to you by a
performer whose work in music, theater, and advocacy continues to inspire.
Cyndi brings her trademark sass to songs like “Christmas Conga” and the
bawdy “Minnie and Santa” among the eight original tunes on the record.
But the traditional tunes “Three Ships” and “Silent Night” radiate a reverent,
gather-‘round-the-fireplace vibe that’ll warm the cockles of even the most
hidebound holiday music devotee. For the vinyl
debut of Merry Christmas…Have a Nice Life!, we’ve
pressed up 1000 copies in green vinyl and put ‘em
inside a beautiful gatefold cover featuring lyrics.