- Black Friday 2020
- Hottest Pre-Orders
- Recommended New Releases
- Cassette Store
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
- CD Albums
- Books, Art + Merch
Velvet Desert Music Vol.1
Delivery from US$6.10
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 29 March 2019
- Buy Now: Dispatched in 7-10 days
- CD Album
“Just think…from Sergio Leone to David Lynch, from Elvis in his deepest moments to Johnny Cash somewhere between amphetamine backlash and American Songs, from Hollywood Babylon to Hotel California, from Mulholland Drive to Paris, Texas. Served with a pinch of Tago Mago and Pink Floyd at Pompeii. Then you know exactly what Velvet Desert Music is about…“ – JÖRG BURGER
Following KOMPAKT’s long established series POP AMBIENT (curated by WOLFGANG VOIGT) and TOTAL (curated by MICHAEL MAYER), Velvet Desert Music Vol. 1 introduces a new compilation series on Kompakt, curated by one of Cologne’s leading figures in electronic music, Jörg Burger (aka The Modernist, The Bionaut, Burger/Ink and many more). Velvet Desert Music Vol. 1 combines elements of rock, folk, country, surf, krautrock and psychedelic in contemporary electronic music.
Velvet Desert Music vol.1 features unreleased music and mixes from Matias Aguayo, Fantastic Twins, Paulor, Rebolledo, Sascha Funke & Cosmo Vitelli, Superpitcher, The Modernist and more.
The concept shares some similarities to Kompakt’s Pop Ambient series as unlike a conventional compilation of tracks from different artists, Velvet Desert Music Vol. 1 is a collection of music that creates a distinct vibe and atmosphere. The release is intended to be heard as you would hear an album from an (imaginary) band.
Jörg Burger is responsible for the concept and selection. The styles of music presented on Velvet Desert Music Vol. 1 play a crucial role and influence in his work for many years. Now he has created a platform for these styles. Beside showcasing his own music, Jörg Burger kept to inviting a close circle of friends and colleagues that share similar influences in their work. All of their contributions were specially composed or remixed for this collection.
Velvet Desert Music Vol. 1 features the first new Burger/Ink track since the release of their iconic full length “Las Vegas” on Harvest and Matador Records in 1996.Tracklist
- Terrapin – Cirrus Minor (The Black Frame Extract)
- The Modernist – Magic Lantern (Velvet Edit)
- Burger / Ink – Memphisto
- The Novotones – The Gain Of Loss
- Cologne Tape – Welt 10 (Jörg Burger Mix)
- Paulor – Arrival
- Fantastic Twins – Pílgrims
- Jörg Burger – Beatmesse Pt. 2
- Rebolledo & The Novotones – Mountain Eagle (The Black Frame Desert Mix)
- Metope – Faithful Hessian Walks Into Ada’s Bar (Jörg Burger Remix)
- Paul Mac – Redfern Address (In Memory Of Vision)
- Sascha Funke & Cosmo Vitelli – Botzaris
- Kenneth James Gibson – Far From Home (Superpitcher Mix)
|1||Marnie Main Theme|
|2||Nat King Cole - Marnie|
|[Additional CD tracks - in track sequence]|
|1||Flashback I (unused)|
|2||Mr Strutt (alternate)|
|10||The Bridal Suite|
|9||Mr Strutt (Film version)|
|10||The Word Game|
|3||The Stairs / The Keys / The Stairway|