- Summer Sale - Ends Monday
- Hottest Pre-Orders
- Recommended New Releases
- Exclusive + Ltd Vinyl
- CD Albums
- Books, Art + Merch
Young Narrator In The Breakers
Delivery from US $7.91
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 11 November 2016
- In Stock
- Vinyl LP
- Bella Union
LP pressed on emerald green vinyl. Includes digital download code.
Pavo Pavo are an experimental pop band from Brooklyn, NY. The band started writing together while studying music at Yale and since then its members have worked closely with indie and classical heavyweights such as Here We Go Magic, John Zorn, Dave Longstreth, Porches, Olga Bell, Lucius, Roomful Of Teeth and San Fermin. Hailed by Stereogum as “weightless pop music that sounds like it was beamed down from a glimmering utopian future,” Pavo Pavo are a mind meld of five songwriters with a shared vision for creating new, expressive worlds of sound while using meticulous ears to evoke the feeling of bygone eras.
Pavo Pavo are Eliza Bagg on violin, synthesizers and voice, Oliver Hill on guitars, synthesizers and voice, Nolan Green on guitars and voice, Austin Vaughn on drums and Ian Romer on bass. The group borrow their name from the southern constellation Pavo (Latin for peacock), an elegant and spectacular link of cosmic dust.
Co-produced by Danny Molad (Lucius) and Sam Cohen (Yellowbirds, Apollo Sunshine), Pavo Pavo’s music moves with symphonic elegance. Guitar stabs, washed out harmonies and rumbling synthesizers come and go like the tides of the ocean.
The music on ‘Young Narrator In The Breakers’ describes the magic and panic of adult life; a breaker is that wave whose potential energy is being transformed into turbulent kinetic energy.
- Ran Ran Ran
- Annie Hall
- Ruby (Let’s Buy The Bike)
- A Quiet Time With Spaceman Sputz
- Somewhere In Iowa
- Belle Of The Ball
- The Aquarium
- No Mind
- John (A Little Time)
- Young Narrator In The Breakers
- 2020, We’ll Have Nothing Going On