Surgical Steel: Complete Edition
Delivery from US$6.49
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 30 October 2015
- In Stock
- CD Album
- Nuclear Blast
UK legends Carcass have released several classic albums over the years, changing the trajectory of extreme metal with each consecutive release. Whether it was inventing goregrind (‘Reek Of Putrefaction’) or creating the template for melodic death metal (‘Heartwork’), Carcass have always made records by which bars were set and rules were broken.
Upon their untimely demise in 1996, fans mourned the loss of the seminal act and longed that the group would one day be exhumed from their premature grave. After an 18 year hiatus, Carcass have been fully reanimated and it’s safe to say, they haven’t missed a pathological step.
With 2013’s ‘Surgical Steel’ Carcass have risen to the occasion and given fans an album that holds up to their classic repertoire, delivering another milestone in their highly influential career.
In an era seemingly content to endlessly chug away at their E-strings in various rhythmic denominations, Carcass have brought the power of the riff back to a generation. The band also hit the live circuit with refreshed energy - crushing performances on a Metal Hammer package with Amon Amarth and Hell were followed by rabid crowds at Sonisphere and Bloodstock Festivals.
This package wraps up all the material from the ‘Surgical Steel’ sessions and co-incides with the band’s headline appearance on the UK ‘Deathcrusher’ tour.
‘A Wraith In The Apparatus’ appeared as a bonus track on the Japanese edition of ‘Surgical Steel’; ‘Intensive Battery Brooding’ was the B-side on a 7″ single for ‘Captive Bolt Pistol’ and also appeared as a Japanese bonus track on ‘Surgical Steel’; ‘Zochrot’ appeared as a flexidisc in the October 2013 issue of Decibel magazine; ‘Livestock Marketplace’ was recorded during the ‘Surgical Steel’ sessions but never released and ’1985 (Reprise)’ re-works ‘Surgical Steel’s opening track.
2. Thrasher’s Abbatoir
3. Cadaver Pouch Conveyor System
4. A Congealed Clot Of Blood
5. The Master Butcher's Apron
6. Noncompliance to ASTM F899-12 Standard
7. The Granulating Dark Satanic Mills
8. Unfit For Human Consumption
9. 316L Grade Surgical Steel
10. Captive Bolt Pistol
11. Mount Of Execution
12. A Wraith In The Apparatus
13. Intensive Battery Brooding
15. Livestock Marketplace
16. 1985 (Reprise)